Welcome, we specialise in all manner of construction claims and disputes and their successful resolution. We deal with all claims and disputes in construction whether you are a subcontractor, main contractor, subcontractor, architect, quantity surveyor, employer, building surveyor, client, developer, self build, etc. We can act for you in advising on a new claim, assist with an existing claim or defend a claim you have recieved.
How we can help
- Payment and Valuation Disputes, including Final Account
- Late or none Release or Retention
- Alleged Defects or Delays
- Extensions of Time
- Loss and Expense
- Liquidated Damages
- Loss of Profit
- Pay Less Notice (or lack of a valid one)
With our over 60 years combined experience we aim to provide a taylor made construction dispute resolution service for your particular claim and circumstances.
We use a variety of Alternative Dispute Resolution ‘tools’, or ADR as it is commonly referred to, to help get your dispute settled quickly and economically and so that it is financially viable for you. Gone are the days when you have to accept less that you are entitled to because you do not have the funds to fight your case.
We use negotiation (third party involvement can work wonders), mediation, adjudication and arbitration as appropriate to your circumstances to get the right resolution to your dispute. We will advise on which is the most appropriate and may try one or more as may be necessary.
What we offer:
- An initial free assessment of your claim/dispute
- Very quick response if required to defend a claim
- Advice in plain English focusing on your best commercial options
- Because we are a small partnership, you talk directly to us and we deal with all aspects of your claim from start to finish
- We pride ourselves on getting results and will tell you if we your claim is not very strong and not worth pursuing
- Preparation and submission of Final Accounts
- Very competitive and flexible rates including
- Competitive hourly rates
- Clear estimate of your total cost before work commences
- Fixed fee
- Contingency work (a percentage of your recovery). Sometimes referred to as no win no fee
- Or a mixture of the above to suit your needs
- You will not incur any costs without us having agreed them with you
Our partnership is Michael Cowlin a senior experienced construction barrister and Paul Barber a senior experienced construction claims Quantity Surveyor.
If you have a construction or building dispute and think that you might need help, don’t delay as things rarely get better on their own, and what do you have to loose by getting a free second expert opinion?